Ten Unlikely Hazards That Lead To Workers’ Compensation Claims
Most of us think of workers’ compensation claims resulting from lifting heavy equipment, slip and
and carpal tunnel injuries. However, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, some of the most common occupational hazards that result in workers’ compensation claims are the result of other types of hazards.
CDC’s Top Ten Workers’ Comp Hazards
Workplace hazards – and injuries – obviously vary depending on the task the worker is performing and the facts and circumstances of the situation.
However, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
, here are the top 10 workplace hazards (not listed in order of danger) that can lead to workers’ compensation claims:
- Asphalt fumes
- Carbonless copy paper
- Cold stress
- Heat stress
- Explosions and explosives in mining
- Poisonous plants and animals
- Drug exposure
- Ultraviolet radiation
Surprised? You’re likely not alone. The fact is that workers’ compensation claims
bridge a wide variety of injuries – any
of which may be compensable under Georgia workers’ compensation laws.
Have You Been Injured?
If you’ve been injured on the job, the experienced workers’ compensation attorneys at The Mann Law Firm recommend that you take the following steps:
- Report the injury to your supervisor
- Ask to see the panel of physicians from your employer’s insurance company
- Select a physician from the panel
- If the doctor recommends physical restrictions at work, advise your supervisor about them
- Contact an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer to make sure that someone is watching out for your best interests
If you have been injured on the job or have lost a loved one in a workplace accident in Dublin, Macon, Milledgeville, Warner Robins or anywhere in the Middle Georgia area, an experienced Macon workers’ compensation lawyer from the Mann Law Firm
can help you obtain the workers’ comp benefits that you need – and deserve. We’ve been helping clients obtain workers’ compensation benefits for over 50 years. Let our experience help you!