Vehicle Accident Lawyers Serving Milledgeville, Georgia
May 28, 2019
For more than 45 years, the Injuries, Illnesses and Fatalities program at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has compiled statistics about injuries, illnesses and fatalities on the job in the U.S. According to a recent survey of the last 25 years of data, U.S. workers are getting injured less and... continue reading
If you’ve been in a traffic accident caused by someone else’s negligence, talk to a Baldwin County vehicle accident attorney who knows how the Georgia legal system operates and can help you get the maximum amount of recovery.At the Mann Law Firm, we have successfully represented victims throughout Middle Georgia who have been injured in traffic crashes. If you have been hurt in a Milledgeville car accident,&motorcycle accident, or truck accident, you can rely on our experience for legal guidance. A graduate of Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law, Attorney David Mann practiced insurance defense work early in his career, which gives him distinctive insight into both sides of the legal process and can be very advantageous to plaintiffs. He knows how the Georgia legal system operates and will work closely with you every step of the way. For more than 50 years, the Mann Law Firm has been helping injured clients put their lives back on track, and we are ready to help you.
FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO PROCEED NEXT, PLEASE CALL US AT 1-478-742-3381 OR FILL OUT OUR ONLINE FORM TO SCHEDULE YOUR INITIAL CONSULTATION.Whether in Hardwick or Downtown, headed up to Lake Sinclair or over to Macon, zooming along on 441 or slowly rolling down Hancock Street, a serious vehicle accident can happen in Milledgeville at any time and can change your life forever. In Baldwin County alone, over 1,880 crashes and 546 injuries were reported in 2013. That same year, approximately 1,300 Georgians were killed in motor vehicle wrecks — part of 30,000 nationwide fatalities. Almost one-third of those traffic-related deaths involved an alcohol-impaired driver, making drunk driving one of the leading causes of car accidents. Driving while distracted is another dangerous behavior that contributes to crashes every day. While cell phones are a common reason for driver inattention, they aren’t the only one. Interacting with navigation systems, reading, eating, smoking and selecting music are all ordinary actions known to divert a driver’s attention away from the road. Other reasons for Milledgeville vehicle accidents include:
- Aggressive driving/road rage: It is common for drivers to feel isolated from others in their cars and to act more aggressively than they would in normal life. Aggressive driving and road rage cause up to 66% of traffic fatalities.
- Distracted driving: This is becoming a bigger menace on Georgia roads year after year. As cell phones get better and better, it is very common for drivers to be distracted by texting, social media and phone calls. More accidents are occurring on straightaways involving pedestrians, which indicates distracted driving.
- Driver inexperience: Young drivers frequently lack the experience to know how to drive in unsafe conditions. Teenagers also tend to think they are immortal and take far more risks than many older drivers.
- Drowsy driving: Modern society is busier than ever and many Americans do not get the sleep they need. The CDC states 1/3 of American adults do not get enough sleep, with many getting less than seven hours per night.
- Poorly maintained roads: Some accidents are caused by improperly maintained roads and by design defects in the road. State budgets are often tight, and road maintenance may not be performed as it should.
- Running stop signs or red lights: People are frequently in a hurry and may ignore or not see stop signs and red lights. More serious accidents are occurring because drivers are distracted by cell phones and never see the stop light at all.
- Speeding: It is always tempting to put the ‘pedal to the metal’ when you are late, but speeding is the #2 cause of car accidents.
- Tailgating: Going too close to the car in front of you increases the risk for a serious accident. Always stay a few seconds behind the driver in front of you.
- Tire blowouts: Many drivers do not regularly check the air pressure in their tires. Low pressure can cause blowouts. Drivers also put off replacing old tires due to the cost.
- Unsafe lane changes: People may forget to check their blind spots when changing lanes. Other drivers can reduce this problem by staying out of other drivers’ blind spots as much as possible.
- Communicate with the insurance company for the other driver
- Obtain the evidence needed to demonstrate accident liability
- Organize your medical bills and records
- Communicate with your health insurance company to obtain records
- Work with your medical professionals to ensure they provide complete medical information so your damages can be proven. Much of your case relies on the strength of the medical evidence provided by your doctors.
- Properly organize the evidence to prove the other driver’s liability
- Negotiate with health and disability insurers to possibly reduce bills owed after settlement
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company or defense lawyer. Many who do not hire an attorney settle for much less than they should.
Contact the Milledgeville Mann Law Firm & vehicle accident attorneys today at 1-478-742-3381 or through our online form for a free initial consultation about your legal options. You may be entitled to a variety of damages, including compensation for medical costs, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.If a loved one has died after an accident or injury caused by the negligence or misconduct ofanother, we can assist you in determining whether you have a valid claim and, if so, we pledge to work closely with you every step of the way. We have represented many survivors of wrongful death victims and we know how to do so skillfully, yet compassionately. Because each case has its own unique set of circumstances, we invite anyone who has been the victim of a Milledgeville, GA, auto accident to contact us to schedule a free case consultation.